Title I Parent Involvement Policy
Floyd Light Middle School
As part of the Title I school requirement, each school district must publish, share and maintain its parent involvement policies with parents of students that participate in the local Title I reading program.
A strong partnership between the school and home is essential if a quality educational program is to be provided to all students. Then administration and faculty of Floyd Light Middle School believe that through home, school and community involvement, we can create a positive environment conducive for parents to be actively involved in their child’s education. The Building Site Council annually review the Title I policies.
Every child’s parents will be notified at conferences that based on need and availability, their child is eligible for reading and math intervention services at Floyd Light Middle School. Furthermore, a waitlist is maintained and examined regularly.
• Reading intervention is essential to provide every child with the opportunity for a student to achieve grade level reading.
• Contact information for the Title I Reading and Math teachers will be provided, who can address any question or concerns.
Inform the parents about student selection, student progress, and the overall program.
• Explain the assessment procedure and each child’s performance and goals at fall conferences.
• Share information about the child’ progress during regularly scheduled conferences. Additional time may be scheduled as needed.
Work with parents to promote learning in school and at home.
• Site Council
• After School Reading Program (Schools Uniting Neighborhoods – SUN)
• Leyendo en espanol – Spanish Reading Class (SUN)
• Annual Title I Parent Meeting; with babysitting and Para Professional support
• Back to School Night
• Family Involvement Nights (Books We Love Night, International Night, Math Night, Lets Get Physical Night).
• Principal’s Advisory Forums
• Student of the Month Breakfasts to build strong parent, student, school partnerships
• Parent/Teacher Conferences
• SUN Family Supports
o Food Pantry Tues 4-6pm
o Circulo de Padres – Parent led group
o Winter Term Adult classes
o Energy and Rental Assistance
• System 44, Read180, and Math180
Or by contacting Cailynn Remly, Title I Coordinator, at email@example.com or by calling 503-256-6511.
If a parent has a concern or question they may take the following steps.
• Contact Cailynn Remly using the above contact information.
• If the problem is not resolved, the parent shares the concern with the building principal.
• If the concern is not resolved, the parent shares the concern/question with the District Title I Coordinator, Elise Hall 503-252-2900