What’s Happening At Floyd Light Middle School?
Keep up-to-date with our Floyd Light Falcons newsletter. See below for our most recent newsletter(s).
The Weekly Floyd Light Community Newsletter
VISION: Content, self-motivated students who take initiative for success.
MISSION: Providing a safe, engaging, supportive, and rigorous learning environment.
June 10th, 2019
Volume 5, Issue 37
- Yearbooks: Yearbooks continue to be on sale in the front office and are $15. You will receive your yearbook Thursday, June 13th. There is a limited number of Yearbooks sold, so get yours before they sell out.
- Oaks Park Info (Thursday, June 13): If your student has not bought a ticket (for those eligible), they can buy it at Oaks Park. NOTE: a student can go on the trip without buying a ticket. We only sold the least expensive here at school. Your student can upgrade at the Park. There are $12, $14, and $16 tickets (these prices are about 40% off regular prices).
- The transition from 8th to 9th can be daunting and difficult when parents and students are uncertain how to navigate their way into athletic programs. Fall can be especially difficult since it starts a couple of weeks before school even begins. This event is intended to alleviate frustration and anxiety for the new high school aged student.
- FL Parent Club Fundraiser: It’s not to late to turn in orders for the Old Chicago pizza fundraiser. Prepaid cards can be purchased from the office and traded in for a free large pizza when you dine in. You can purchase one card for 15.00 or two for 25.00. All proceeds go to benefit our Parent Club and are available to both staff and student.
- Honoring our 8th Graders: On the last day of school, Friday, June 14th, we will Honor our 8th Graders. At the end of our Talent Show (9:45 AM), we will excuse our 6th and 7th graders to line the hallways. We will then pass out 8th grade Certificates by Advisory and the 8th graders will walk the halls being honored by our students and staff! Families are welcome to attend. School is dismissed at 10:15 AM.
Last Week’s Revised Schedule:
- 6/10: Regular B Day
- 6/11: Regular A Day
- 6/12: Regular Late Start B Day w/ locker clean out last 15 min.
- 6/13: Full day w/ Oak’s Park Reward for those eligible w/ Yearbook Signing at the end of the day.
- 6/14: Dismiss at 10:15. Awards/Talent Show Assembly, plus