What’s Happening At Floyd Light Middle School?
Keep up-to-date with our Floyd Light Falcons newsletter. See below for our most recent newsletter(s).
The Weekly Floyd Light Community Newsletter
VISION: Content, self-motivated students who take initiative for success.
MISSION: Providing a safe, engaging, supportive, and rigorous learning environment.
November 12th, 2018
Volume 5, Issue 10
- Your Voice Matters: In our continuing effort to listen to the voices of our families and students, the David Douglas School District is offering two opportunities this month to tell us how we’re doing and what we can do better for students. We hope you participate in both. On Wednesday, Nov. 14, from 5:30-7 p.m., please join us at the Ron Russell Middle School Commons (3955 SE 112th Ave.) for the first of our “Your Voice Matters” listening sessions. This is your opportunity to tell District leaders your priorities for your children, how you engage in your child’s education, and what we can do better. Light food and childcare will be available. Anyone requiring accommodations or interpreters, please contact the Superintendent’s Office at 503-261-8201. Beginning Nov. 19, we will be offering all students and families the opportunity to take an online survey about our schools, our culture and how you’re feeling about your student’s education. This survey will be emailed to all of our families. If you do not have a current email address on file with your student’s school, please do so. Look for more information soon about both of these opportunities.
- Beginning of 2nd Quarter: 2nd Quarter begins Tuesday, November 13th.
- Fall Family/Student/Teacher Conferences: Fall conferences will be Monday, November 19 from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM and Tuesday, November 20 from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM. There will be a dinner break each day from 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM where teachers will not be available. These will be ‘Arena Style,’ and we will ask you to sign up for a time, on the hour, before you arrive. Please be looking for a flyer being sent home this week.
- Book Fair: We will be having a book fair during conferences and would appreciate some volunteers. If you would like to help, please contact Debbie Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org). The theme is “Enchanted Forest of Books” and as usual it will be lots of fun and give you a great selection of books to choose from. Hope you will join us!
- YouthTruth Family Survey: This district-sponsored survey will be available during conferences and will be available from Monday, November 19 through Friday, December 7. A link will be sent to your email where you will be able to take it on any device anywhere. Your student(s) will be taking this survey at school.