What’s Happening At Floyd Light Middle School?
Keep up-to-date with our Floyd Light Falcons newsletter. See below for our most recent newsletter(s).
The Weekly Floyd Light Community Newsletter
VISION: Content, self-motivated students who take initiative for success.
MISSION: Providing a safe, engaging, supportive, and rigorous learning environment.
September 16th, 2019
Volume 6, Issue 3
- Mindfulness: We are striving for a calmer environment here at Floyd Light. Our Family Leadership Team helped us develop this Social/Emotional Learning. This will take place during our Advisory time first thing in the morning and will continue throughout the day. Your students may come home talking about ‘Brain Breaks’! Please do not hesitate contacting me with any questions.
- Family Leadership Team: Are you interested in working with parents and school leadership to improve our school and support our students? Please join us for the first Family Leadership Team (FLT) meeting of the year: Monday, September 16th, 6:00 to 7:30 PM in the Conference Room The FLT is a group of parents and community members who meet monthly to work on projects to improve experience and education for Floyd Light students. This year we are focusing on bringing restorative justice practices into the school and organizing family and student led cultural celebrations that honor our diverse student body. At this meeting we will be hearing an update on scheduling a presentation for staff and parents about restorative justice and beginning our organizing for a Dia de los Muertos celebration in early November. All families and community members are welcome. Spanish language interpretation provided. We hope to see you soon! ~ Floyd Light Family Leadership Team
- Back to School Night: Our Back to School Night will be Thursday, September 19th beginning in the Cafeteria with at 6:00 PM with a light dinner, a presentation, and ending with a self-guided tour. Please plan to attend.
- Volleyball Tryouts: 7th and 8th Grade Volleyball tryouts will be Monday, 9/16 and Tuesday, 9/17 from 4:15 PM to 6:00 PM in the Gym. Students need to have all paperwork turned in and be registered on line on the district website.
- Picture Days: Picture Days will be Thursday, September 19th and Friday, September 20th. Please look for the Picture packets being sent home. Please let the office know if you are available to volunteer!
- Band & Orchestra Rental Night: This Rental Night is Wednesday, 9/18 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Contact your teacher for additional information.