What’s Happening At Floyd Light Middle School?
Keep up-to-date with our Floyd Light Falcons newsletter. See below for our most recent newsletter(s).
VISION: Content, self-motivated students who take initiative for success.
MISSION: Providing a safe, engaging, supportive, and rigorous learning environment.
May 10th, 2021
Volume 7, Issue 34
- WIFI Internet Resources: The Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC Program (https://www.fcc.gov/emergency-broadband-benefit-program) to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more. Here is the full website (BroadBand: https://www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit).
- Yearbook: The 2020-2021 Yearbook will be on sale starting Monday, May 10. You will be able to buy it online with a credit/debit card or at school with cash or check. The yearbook will be in color and will cost $20. What a memorial year! Get yours to preserve it forever! Here is the link to the yearbook purchasing. https://commpe.pictavo.com/
- Car Drop off/Pick up: For safety reasons, please observe these expectations. Thank you! ONLY drop off/pick up your student in the middle lane. You are always welcome to use the Community Center parking lot. NEVER use the Bus Lane to drop off or pick up.
- State Assessments: The David Douglas School Board has decided that our David Douglas students will not be taking the Math, Reading/Writing, and Science State Assessments. However, we are going to give Reading and Math Inventories to gage students’ levels. These inventories will not be graded.
- Student Schedule, Meal, and Bus Information: We are getting lots of questions about these three topics. This information will be on the front page of the FL website and FLMS Facebook page. Feel free to call the office with questions (503-256-6511). Thank you!
- Asian American/Pacific Islander Month: During month May 2021, please join in honoring and celebrating. Our collective actions to learn and grow helps our DD community thrive. Currently, our district K-12 data indicates that 1424 (15.1%) of David Douglas students identify as Asian. An additional 240 (2.5%) students identify as Pacific Islanders. This data information is reported based on the self-identification of a student during our initial registration process.
Our staff can expect an AAPI Heritage Month slide deck every week this May. The primary goal of our weekly
slide deck resources is to deepen our own collective understanding. By broadening and deepening our
knowledge base, our team will be better prepared to support our students, families, and community.
Mr. Pease, Principal,
Floyd Light Middle School