What’s Happening At Floyd Light Middle School?
Keep up-to-date with our Floyd Light Falcons newsletter. See below for our most recent newsletter(s).
VISION: Content, self-motivated students who take initiative for success.
MISSION: Providing a safe, engaging, supportive, and rigorous learning environment.
January 22nd, 2023
Falcon Family Club: Please join us for our next meeting! It will be February 1st, 2023 at 5:00 pm in the library. We will be discussing ways to support Floyd Light students and staff. Thank you!
ALL STUDENTS must be up to date on their vaccinations by Wednesday, 2/15. If you have not gotten a letter, then your student is up to date.
We are required to exclude students from school until they are up to date by 2/15. Please give the school a call if you have any questions.
FYI: David Douglas High School’s Health Center can usually administer the vaccinations on the same day that you call (503) 988-3554.
- Coin Drive in advisory classrooms
- Falcon Gear Pre-Orders
One of the FLMS fundraisers this year is to publish a cookbook of favorite family recipes from our students and staff. Books will be available for purchase during Multicultural Night on March 23 and thereafter.
Please submit your favorite recipe and we will publish it in our FLMS family cookbook. (I need all those delicious salad recipes we’ve enjoyed from staff submitted! Yummy)
Non School Days and Holidays:
- No School Day: Friday, January 27: No School for Students – End of 2nd Quarter
- Teacher Work Day
- Friday, February 17: No School for Students
- Teacher Professional Development
- Monday, February 20: Holiday: Presidents’ Day FLMS Closed
- Exclusion Day: All 7th graders must be up to date on their vaccinations by Wednesday, 2/15. If you have not gotten a letter, then your student is up to date. We are required to exclude 7th graders from school until they are up to date after 2/15. Please give the school a call if you have any questions. FYI: David Douglas High School’s Health Center can usually administer the vaccinations on the same day that you call (503-988-3554).
Multnomah County’s School and Community Oral Health Program is offering Free sealants and dental screening. A dental screening is a quick look inside your child’s mouth to check the overall health of their teeth, and sealants will be placed if needed.
This service is available for students in 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.
What questions do you have? Please call us at 503-988-3905.
Sports and Recreation:
- Good Sportsmanship from coaches, players, and all spectators.
- Students must be present with a caregiver from both home and away teams.
- Water only (Food & other beverages are not allowed).
- Starts Tuesday, January 17
- Registration open until Monday, Jan. 30
Must have a physical on file in order to participate.