What’s Happening At Floyd Light Middle School?
Keep up-to-date with our Floyd Light Falcons newsletter. See below for our most recent newsletter(s).
VISION: Content, self-motivated students who take initiative for success.
MISSION: Providing a safe, engaging, supportive, and rigorous learning environment.
June 14th, 2021
Volume 7, Issue 39
Last Newsletter of 2020-2021: I hope your family has a rejuvenating summer! Really looking forward to coming back full time Fall of 2021. Please feel free to contact Mr. Pease over the summer for any reason (503- 256-6511)!
- Yearbook: The 2020-2021 Yearbooks are on sale now! You can buy it online with a credit/debit card or at school with cash or check. The yearbook will be in color and will cost $20. What a memorial year! Get yours to preserve it forever! Here is the link to the yearbook purchasing. https://commpe.pictavo.com/
- Covid 19 Vaccine: The Oregon Health Authority is now providing Pfizer’s two-dose COVID-19 vaccination for individuals age 12 and older. The Oregon Convention Center is now open for FREE vaccinations: you can walk in without an appointment or you can schedule an appointment through the Student-based Health Center on the David Douglas High School campus.
Or to schedule your own appointment, see operating hours and get additional information at: https://all4oregon.org/
Students ages 12-14 must be accompanied by either a parent, a guardian, or someone designated by the parent. If accompanied by an adult other than a parent, a student must have a parent-signed consent form.
We hope you take advantage of this opportunity to get vaccinated. The only way to fully end our pandemic restrictions is for at least 70 percent of all eligible people to get fully vaccinated.
There will also be a Covid 19 Vaccination Clinic Right here at Floyd Light on July 6 from 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM for 12 and over. Family must accompany 12 – 14-year-olds.
Week of June 14th Schedule:
o Monday, June 14 Group A In Person. Group B and C in Google Meet from home (normal schedule).
o Tuesday, June 15 Group B In Person. Group A and C in Google Meet from home (normal schedule).
o Wednesday, June 16 Group A In Person. Group B and C in Google Meet from home (normal schedule). o Thursday, June 17 All Groups in Distant Learning (no In Person) in special schedule (B day):
Period 5: 10:00 to 10:25
Period 6: 10:30 to 10:55
Period 7: 11:00 to 11:25
Period 8: 11:30 to 11:55
8th Grade Drive Through Celebration 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM (details to follow)
Friday, June 18 Teacher Work Day. No school. Building open.
Summer Experience: This summer Floyd Light Middle School is offering a 16-day FREE IN-PERSON summer learning enrichment for students. The purpose is to continue academic learning through fun hands-on (Project-Based) activities along with building a positive ‘re-connection’ with In-School Learning. COVID safety guidelines will be followed. More information in a following email.
Click here to sign up for the summer learning program. Make sure to register your student for NEXT YEAR’S grade level. If you have any questions or need help with signing up, contact any of the following office staff:
- Tim Smart (email@example.com)
- Sean Betker (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sam Charles (email@example.com)
Summer SUN: Summer SUN will be taking place at Floyd Light Middle School from July 12th – August 5th. This is a separate enrichment program from summer school, and is available to all Ron Russell and Floyd Light 2021- 2022 middle school students. You may pre-register your student for Summer SUN using this google form.
- CTE Summer Camp at David Douglas High School: Just some quick highlights of camp this year:
- Dates: Monday, June 21 – Thursday, June 24: 9am – 2pm
- Camp will be capped at 40 students (total) and include a waiting list
- Participating programs include: Culinary, Metals, Construction and MakerSpace
- Lunch and snacks are provided
- Transportation from middle schools is provided
- Covid protocols will be in place: masks, social distancing and students will be in same pod of 10 each day If you’d like hard copies of all applications – including translated – please see below.
Food Pantry: The Floyd Light Food Pantry will continue on Mondays, July 21 to August 30 from Noon to 2:00 PM.
Mr. Pease, Principal,
Floyd Light Middle School