What’s Happening At Floyd Light Middle School?
Keep up-to-date with our Floyd Light Falcons newsletter. See below for our most recent newsletter(s).
VISION: Content, self-motivated students who take initiative for success.
MISSION: Providing a safe, engaging, supportive, and rigorous learning environment.
September 28th, 2020
Volume 7, Issue 5
- First Week of School Went VERY WELL: The first day of Comprehensive Distance Learning exceeded expectations! We had a VERY high percentage of our wonderful students participate. However, if you are still struggling to connect, or to connect well, call the Tech number below and/or call the school (503-256- 6511). We want to help!
- Family Technology Support:
- e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual ‘Back to School Night’: We will hold a ‘Back to School Night’ on Tuesday, September 29th.
- 6th grade families will be from 6:00 PM – 6:45 PM meet.google.com/trw-xjiy-ack or +1617-675-4444 PIN: 828 304 307 7710#.
- 7th/8th grade families will be from 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM meet.google.com/trw-xjiy-ack or +1617-675-4444 PIN:783 533 100 762
- Supply Night Drive Thru: On Friday, October 2, 2020 between the hours of 3pm and 5pm, Floyd Light Middle School will hold a Drive-thru Supply pick-up. School supplies will be available with planners as well as 7th grade Math workbooks, 6th grade Social Studies workbooks and you can also purchase a 2019-20 yearbook ($10 cash/check only). This will also be the last day for instrument pick up if you are in orchestra or band. Please come by Floyd Light Middle School between 3pm and 5pm on Friday October 2nd. This is an optional event and you will not be allowed to enter the school. We look forward to seeing you.
- Questions: If you have questions, you should start with your student’s teachers. You may get a quicker answer than from the office. ABSOLUTELY contact the office for any reason if you would like.
- Initial Contact: You were contacted in the last two weeks by one of our educators. We asked several questions. In the next two weeks, you will be contacted if you indicated you would like to be. If you need assistance sooner, please contact the office or Mr. Pease.
- Chromebook: If you did not receive a Chromebook. You can get one from Floyd Light anytime from 7:30 to 3:00.
- Floyd Light Website: Here are recourses in one spot (includes the Bell Schedule)! https://flms.ddouglas.k12.or.us/
- Grab & Go Meals: You will be able to get a sack lunch and breakfast for the next day at all 14 schools, District Office, and 30 bus stops. These are free for all David Douglas students. These meals have started will be from Noon – 1:00 PM M-F. The 30 bus stops can be found at this Website: https://www.ddouglas.k12.or.us/school-during-covid/food-resources/
- Extra-Curriculum Activities: These activities will happen. We have gotten a new SUN Coordinator, and they are getting acclimated. More to come!
Mr. Pease, Principal, Floyd Light Middle School