Follow us on FaceBook
Hello Floyd Light Family,
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO BE BACK TO SCHOOL this Fall! We have been planning all summer for the start of the school year and cannot wait to have all students back in classrooms. Right now, we are planning full time school with lots of safety precautions. We are also planning for multiple contingencies that I hope we will not need to use! The following is useful information.
- We will be in school Monday through Friday.
- On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, the school day will be 8:20 to 3:00.
- Late start Wednesdays will be 9:40 to 3:00.
- We will be following the vaccine and mask mandates.
- FLMS School Supply List . A hard copy is in the Floyd Light Office.
- Bus Information
News from the Library:
Students have LOTS of ways to check out books! They can use the SORA app, they can log into the FLMS Catalogue put a book on HOLD and have it delivered to their ELA class, or they can come into the Library any time between 8:20am and 2pm to check out in person. If your student needs some help remembering how to put a book on hold, check out the Virtual Library guides, they will help!
Got Books? There are many books still out from the unexpected COVID closure in March 2019. If your student still has library books, you can drop them off at any school in our district or bring them back the first week of school, to any school.
To Log in: User is 6-digit student ID and password is their 8-digit date of birth (mmddyyyy).
Food Resources – Free breakfast, lunch and dinner distributed every weekday to every child 18 and under; and free food pantries for families at 8 locations.
Child Care – Resources to assist you in finding available child care in our area.
Learning Resources – See a collection of supplemental learning resources to give your student additional opportunities.
And More, including housing, financial and preventing the spread of COVID-19.
In addition, Multnomah County provides its own resource page for supporting your student learner during Comprehensive Distance Learning.
MCL Help with logging into your account:
Do you need help with your Library Connect number and password? Drop in to our Library Connect Office Hours on Zoom! Multnomah County Library staff will be available to reset passwords and answer questions about Library Connect. Students, be ready with your student ID number and we can help with the rest!
Wednesday mornings don’t work for you? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how else we can help. You can call us at 503-988-5123, or chat us between 9am and 5pm to get help with passwords, or anything else. https://multcolib.org/contact
The Multnomah Public Library has free live homework help after school, just sign in and get help. Also available in Spanish. Did you know that all libraries offer free wireless printing? You can send items to the library’s printers from almost any device or location with an internet connection, and we’ll hold your prints for up to 5 hours. No appointment needed. No page limits. multcolib.org/mobile-printing
Khan Academy is a FREE website that you can use to get help on a variety of subjects from first grade through HS!
News From Multnomah County Library:
Hello! I’m Jackie Partch, lead worker of the Multnomah County Library School Corps, a team of librarians from the Multnomah County Library who work in collaboration with Multnomah County K-12 schools, both public and private.
We’ve recently adapted our services to support distance learning. Our librarians are able to
- Create lists of ebooks or websites
- Visit classes online to demonstrate how to download ebooks and audiobooks from Multnomah County Library, including books for kids and teens that are always available. (We can also show these at school staff meetings.)
- Demonstrate how to search the library’s databases for students
Don’t miss these other resources:
- Our quarterly newsletter, which shares information about events like author visits and book giveaways. Sign up now.
- Novel-Ties videos: short video booktalks on captivating novels for grades 4-8
- Videos on how to use Overdrive and Libby to download ebooks and audiobooks from the library.
How to use “Overdrive” https://youtu.be/2REIXwDUajQ
How to use “Libby” on your phone: https://youtu.be/YJ0nkv3UySA
- Contact Information: If your address or phone number has changed, please contact the office, so we can change the info in our system.
- Food Pantry: Floyd Light’s Food Pantry is every Monday from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM. Please drive through our Bus Lane and a box/bag will be available.