Follow FLMS on FaceBook
COVID Vaccines available for Families
The city and county are working very hard to make the vaccine available to as many people as possible, and we still need to get the word out about our clinics. There may be community members who think that they can’t access the vaccine because they don’t have an ID or health insurance. This is not the case. The following clinics prioritize BIPOC community members and don’t require ID.
The drive-thru clinics are located at the closed Kmart Parking Lot at 4500 NE 122nd Ave. No ID is required.
Interested folx can get an appointment at the following sign-up links:
Vacunas COVID disponibles para las Familias
La ciudad y el condado están trabajando arduamente para que la vacuna esté disponible para la mayor cantidad de personas posible. Las vacunas son gratis. No se les pedirá a las familias ningún tipo de identificación, seguro médico o comprobante de estatus migratorio.
Las clínicas del drive-thru están ubicadas en el estacionamiento de Kmart en 4500 NE 122nd Ave. No se requiere identificación.
Las personas interesadas pueden obtener una cita en los siguientes lugares de registro:
- To access your classes, please log into your studentvue account. If you are having trouble logging into studentvue please contact the office; Mrs. Espinoza, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-256-6511
Helpful Questions and Answers:
Times: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM Monday(A) and Wednesday(B) OR Tuesday(A) and Thursday(B)
- What to expect when you return (students): Bring backpack, computer, charger, school supplies, water, snack. Following safety protocols. FUN!
- What to expect for parents: Bring backpack, computer, charger, school supplies, water, snack. Following safety protocols. FUN!
- Foot traffic: All halls are two way, six feet apart. Teachers will direct where students will go.
- Bathroom information: Two at a time during the middle of class time (unless an emergency, then an adult escort). Not during passing or the first/last 10 minutes of class. (See Maps Below)
- Mask Guidelines: Masks at all times in the building. Maintain 6 feet as much as possible. Wash hands when you get the chance. Use Sanitation stations when necessary.
- Safety Information: See above.
- Meal/snack/water information: Snack/water time to be discussed by teachers. All students will get a snack/water time outside. Masks must be worn inside.
- What to bring to school for the day: Bring backpack, computer, charger, school supplies, water, snack. Following safety protocols. FUN!
- Bus Information: In StudentVUE and ParentVUE, this is at the bottom of the page on the Student Info tab. This information is a reflection of what is in Synergy on the Student screen, Other Info tab, in the Transportation section. Here is the Transportation number: 503-265-6526.
Return to school Entrances:
Student Restroom use during in person learning:
FLMS SCHOOL CALENDAR:
From the Library:
The Floyd Light Virtual Library is OPEN!
Visit the FLMS Virtual Library to put books on hold to pick up! You will find all the information you need on how to check out books from the Library as well as other resources to help you through distance learning. You can also drop any David Douglas School District Library book for any of our schools at any David Douglas school during open hours.
To access your Library account, simply log in with your student email then username (6digit ID) and password (8 digit DOB).
Free online digital and audio Library through SORA:
MCL Help with logging into your account:
Do you need help with your Library Connect number and password? Drop in to our Library Connect Office Hours on Zoom! Multnomah County Library staff will be available to reset passwords and answer questions about Library Connect. Students, be ready with your student ID number and we can help with the rest!
Wednesday mornings don’t work for you? Contact us at email@example.com to see how else we can help. You can call us at 503-988-5123, or chat us between 9am and 5pm to get help with passwords, or anything else. https://multcolib.org/contact
The Multnomah Public Library has free live homework help after school, just sign in and get help. Also available in Spanish.
Did you know that all libraries offer free wireless printing? You can send items to the library’s printers from almost any device or location with an internet connection, and we’ll hold your prints for up to 5 hours. No appointment needed. No page limits. multcolib.org/mobile-printing
Khan Academy is a FREE website that you can use to get help on a variety of subjects from first grade through HS!
Karen Kitchen (Osage Nation) performed at our 2019 DD Native Cultural Night at Fir Ridge. Karen is a forever teacher, served as an Indian Education Program Coordinator and currently shares and hosts Native Story Hour once a month via Multnomah County Library. The 3rd Wednesday of the month @ 10:30 a.m May 19 – June 16 – mark your calendars
Target Audience: Everyone! most of the time, the virtual audience is PK to grade 3 students and families however, Karen is receiving a lot of positive feedback from adults too :).
Families can request support from our Family Help Desk (Phone: 503.261.8391 e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) but in all actuality there is very little that the DDSD team can do to support weak/slow/spotty Wi-Fi in the home. Our recommendation is to call your internet provider and ask for assistance.
Here are some Wellness tips:
1. Sleep: make sure you are getting enough of it. It can really affect your stress levels
2. Exercise: it is super important to get outside when you can and at least go for a walk
3. Give yourself Grace: Be kind to yourself, try not to be too hard on yourself, this is a very difficult time and we are all trying our best.
4. Routine: Having a schedule for yourself helps reduce stress
5. Stay connected: Even though it’s a lot harder at this time, it’s important to try to reach out and connect with family and friends.
6. Gratitude: Focusing on positive things can actually change your mood. It takes practice and sometimes it can be hard to find positive things but the more you do the easier it gets.
How to contact your counselors:
We are here for you! Here is our contact information if you need to reach us:
If your last name starts with the letters A-L, Mrs. Charles is your counselor.If your last name starts with the letters M-Z, Mr. Betker is your counselor.
If you would like to make an appointment us, here is the link:https://forms.gle/xbJNpPtCQjtNnG8x7
If you would like to say hello or ask a question, please feel free to email us or you can call or text us. We are always happy to hear from you.
Mrs. Charles: email: email@example.com number (call or text): (503)592-0786
Mr. Betker: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
phone number (call or text): (503)401-3178
Visit our virtual office!
Counselor Bitmoji Office link:https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vTuzJHTunZ3Xav9oNqSSmOIH8tW-fy33znwhafmRqr74nwFFseK0sWhxPG693Iwgmd-NqQNi9LgRb-K/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=60000