If you do not have access to ParentVue or StudentVue, please contact Floyd Light’s Main Office Angela Espinoza, email@example.com or 503-256-6511.
Immunizations and flu shots at Student Health Centers:
Three Multnomah County Student Health Centers are open and providing immunizations (and flu shots). These shots are especially important this fall. Because of COVID-19 we want to prevent as many other illnesses as possible. If your student is missing immunizations, now is the time to catch up. Exclusion day is coming soon! Even during distance learning your student may be excluded if they are not caught up on immunizations.
Any Multnomah County K-12 youth can receive these services at any of our three open centers, and there are no out of pocket costs. We take all types of insurance and will serve you if you’re uninsured. Visit our website for more information.
Call for an appointment
David Douglas 503-988-3554 1034 SE 130th Ave.
Parkrose 503-988-3392 12003 NE Shaver St.
Roosevelt 503-988-3909 6941 N Central St.
- Some Clarification: Thank you so much for those who reached out. There is Advisory from 8:30 – 8:50 on Fridays except when there is a full workday or Holiday. Students will then have the rest of Fridays to complete a project (designed to take 60 to 90 minutes) and then catch up on any work. Fridays are a workday for teachers after 8:50 and will not be available. Sincerely, sorry for any confusion.
- Student Progress: Please know that teachers are putting in many hours correcting/checking work. It takes much more time than reviewing ‘a stack of papers’! At any point that you check student grades/assignment completion, please know that this may not have late work included and this is just a snapshot. Quarter 1 ends Friday, November 13th and final grades will come out during the week of November 16th. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate contacting us!
Fall SUN Virtual Programming
SUN (Schools Uniting Neighborhoods), is our extended day program where students can find extra enrichment activities and academic support. This Fall, in a collaboration between Floyd Light Middle School and Ron Russell Middle School, we will provide virtual programming for 6 weeks. Programming will run Monday, Oct 19th – Thursday, Dec 3rd. This is an opportunity for students to socialize and participate in virtual activities with other classmates. If you are interested in participating, we ask you to join our Google Classroom. Once you have joined, each site will connect with families individually and provide additional information regarding virtual SUN.
Families can request support from our Family Help Desk (Phone: 503.261.8391 e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) but in all actuality there is very little that the DDSD team can do to support weak/slow/spotty Wi-Fi in the home. Our recommendation is to call your internet provider and ask for assistance.
Student Photos: Until we can get back to school and get student photos, we want to get your student’s photo! Having our student’s photos really helps our educators make every more connections. to have our teachers know your student. Here is the procedure:
- Use your Smart Phone to take a photo to look more-or-less like a “school picture” (i.e., headshot). Photos should be emailed to: email@example.com
- Please be sure to include enough student information so we can be sure to identify them correctly. Good things to include with the email would be:
- Student ID
Meal Pick up information is also available as a pdf in the following languages:
2020/21 FLMS CDL Bell Schedule
Have a question about your student’s grade:
- Contact teacher, via phone, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or parentvue. If you don’t have access to parentvue, please contact our school secretary: Angela Espinoza, email@example.com or 503-256-6511.
- Schedule a meeting with teacher
- Attend conferences
Please keep in mind teachers work hours are from 8:00am to 3:30pm. Teachers will not be available during class time. All Teachers have Office Hours from 8:00am-8:30am and 3:00pm-3:30 Monday – Thursday and 8:00am to 8:30am on Fridays.
Our Counseling page has a list of available resources
From the Library:
Good News! Starting Monday (or Tuesday) there will be boxes on the busses and students can return library books to the bus stops. Busses will be at the following stops from 11:50 to 12:50.
- At FLMS
- 99th and Irving
- 106th Wasco
It is ok to drop books from another school, we will get them to the correct school.