October 26, 2020
Hello Floyd Light Family,
Hello Floyd Light Community,
I hope all is well with all of you.
The David Douglas School District will be doing Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) until at least January 4th.
I want to assure you that we are addressing every possibility. I have been in several planning meetings. Here are some of the highlights:
- We want to be as equitable as possible and are planning to make a supreme effort to get ALL students engaged in learning.
- We will be addressing students’ (and family’s) need for Social and Emotional well being.
- We will make the CDL platform consistent and as easy as possible for our students and families to navigate.
- We will organize students into ‘houses’ with the same four core (Math, LA, SS, Science) teachers. Students will also have an elective and PE (for three quarters) and Health (one quarter).
- When it is safe to come back, we plan to do a Hybrid Schedule where students will come back twice a week. Students will be in the same classes, with the same teachers, as the CDL.
- We will communicate often with families and use feedback.
Please contact me at any time with questions or input.
Thank you and take care,
Doug Pease, Principal